Friday, June 18, 2010

Survivor


"I'm a survivor, I always know how I have to move...for that during the times of Apartheid, me and my family went ot Tanzania to try to be well, without problem. When the Apartheid fell I came back here, to my home, my neighborhood. I was born here, where also Nelson Mandela and archbishop Desmond Tutu. I'm happy to live here and now I help my neighborhood taking your garbage and recycling. I'm my own boss. 
The FIFA World Cup is ok, it's good for our country but it's also too dirty. Look behind me, everybody drink a lot and then I have to take your garbage... but that's my work. 
I would like to see Bafana Bafana playing against Brazil or Spain. Everything is possible right now... maybe in quarter finals... why not?."
Name: M'Zoly Mxalika
Ethnicity: Zulu
Born in: Orlando East (Soweto)
Age: 50
Education: non
Soweto, Johannesburg. June 16, 2010


© Jonathan González / Babel Images

No comments:

Post a Comment